This web site contains my favorite recipes. As you look at my recipes, you will notice the majority of the are very simple. This is the type of food my family enjoys most. I spent a number of years cooking for Marriott Corp., a country club, a hotel and an old english restaurant and I have come to enjoy cooking the things my family enjoys. Some of them will have stories and memories of the friends and family that share their recipes with me. Others are ones I have collected from cookbooks, magazines or the internet. I have tried to give credit where credit is due. I hope you enjoy some my favorite recipes.


I want to thank my mother for her patience in teaching me to cook. I started cooking for the family when I was in the sixth grade. My mom was working and my dad was going to school at BYU working on his masters degree. Mom would leave me instructions on what to cook for dinner and if I had questions I would call her. Thanks mom for the help and encouragement. I love you.

Under the tab Rick's Healthy Recipes are of course healthy recipes. There are some Vegan, Vegetarian and of course just plain healthy ones.


To return to my main page with links to my other blogs click here Rick's Life

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Marshmallow Whip Cheesecake



I am always looking for something new and easy.  I also love cheesecake.  My family thought this was good and is a keeper.  It comes from the blog:

http://peacockcoffeehouse.blogspot.com/

Ingredients:

Graham Cracker Crust:
40 squares of graham crackers (crushed)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 butter or margarine (melted)

Filling:
10 1/2 ounce large marshmallows (abt 40)
3/4 cup milk
2 8oz pkgs cream cheese
12 oz cool whip

Instructions:

Mix graham cracker crust ingredients.  Press into bottom and sides of 9x13 greased pan.  Reserve 1/2 cup for top.

Melt marshmallows and milk over low heat.  Beat cream cheese, add marshmallow mixture.  Cool.  Fold in Cool Whip. Spread into crust and sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crust.  Refrigerate until set.


2 comments:

  1. Would a jar of marshmallow cream be equivalent to the bag of marshmallows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A container of Marshmallow fluff weighs 16 oz so you would have to measure it out with a scale to 10.5 ounces to be equivalent. Personally I would use the whole container of fluff it would be fine after all you cannot have enough cheesecake filling in a cheesecake! I would up tick the milk up to 7/8 instead of 3/4 and would slightly warm the milk in the microwave and then mix in the marshmallow fluff along with the rest of the ingredients, plus a tablespoon of vanilla!

    ReplyDelete