This web site contains my favorite recipes. As you look at my recipes, you will notice the majority of the are very simple. This is the type of food my family enjoys most. I spent a number of years cooking for Marriott Corp., a country club, a hotel and an old english restaurant and I have come to enjoy cooking the things my family enjoys. Some of them will have stories and memories of the friends and family that share their recipes with me. Others are ones I have collected from cookbooks, magazines or the internet. I have tried to give credit where credit is due. I hope you enjoy some my favorite recipes.


I want to thank my mother for her patience in teaching me to cook. I started cooking for the family when I was in the sixth grade. My mom was working and my dad was going to school at BYU working on his masters degree. Mom would leave me instructions on what to cook for dinner and if I had questions I would call her. Thanks mom for the help and encouragement. I love you.

Under the tab Rick's Healthy Recipes are of course healthy recipes. There are some Vegan, Vegetarian and of course just plain healthy ones.


To return to my main page with links to my other blogs click here Rick's Life

Monday, October 1, 2012

Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole

This recipe comes from  Lisa at Cook Lisa Cook.  Blog address: http://cooklisacook.blogspot.ca  These were very good.  I made them for a get together we had with friends a couple of weeks ago and they were devoured.  I did not use all the hot sauce called for.  In fact I only used 2 Tablespoons.

Ingredients
 
2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
8-10 Medium Potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I left the skin on)
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbs Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbs Paprika
2 Tbs Garlic Powder

Topping

2 cups Fiesta Cheese
1 cup Crumbled Bacon
1 cup Diced Green Onion

Instructions

Preheat oven to 500 degrees(this is not a typo, 500 is correct)  In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.  Add cubed potatoes and stir to coat.  carefully scoop the potatoes into a spray coated 9x13 baking dish, leaving behind as much oil/sauce mixture as possible.  Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy and brown on the outside.  While the potatoes are cooking, add the cubed chicken to the bowl of left over oil/sauce mix.  Stir to coat.  Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temp to 400 degrees.  Top the cooked potatoes with the raw marinated chicken.  In a separate bowl mix cheese, bacon and onions and top the chicken with the cheese mix.  Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly and delicious.  Serve with extra hot sauce and ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment